ScriptSender is an innovative solution for transferring electronic documents from one physician or medical office to another, without the expense or hassle of site-to-site VPNs or HL7 ordering. With no downloads or installs—just a simple activation of a native printer driver—ScriptSender make secure clinical communication as straightforward as a single click. Its easy-to-use interface enables faster, more effective collaboration, without technology bottlenecks, to keep the focus on patient care.
In this Director role, you will be responsible for leading a diverse team of software engineers designing, developing, and maintaining innovative software solutions to meet the increasing demands of the healthcare space, and our customers. You and your team will solve new challenges, maintain existing code base, create various utilities and scripts, and push the technology forward. Maintaining secure, sustainable, well documented code while building new features, solidifying structure, and iterating the product is key in this important role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and mentor others while solving complex problems
- Oversee engineering processes such as code management, code reviews, QA, and deployments
- Lead multiple Scrum teams and make sure appropriate velocity is maintained
- Communicating with project and executive management
- Researching and recommending new technology trends as appropriate
- Aligning engineering team initiatives and efforts with the vision and roadmap as communicated by executive leadership.
Please note: This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of the position described above. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- 3+ Years software team management experience
- At least 5 years of experience designing and implementing software applications. Must be comfortable being hands on.
- PHP — 3+ Years Object Oriented concepts, traits, auto-loading, etc.
- PHP Framework — Experience with at least one PHP framework (Zend / Laravel / Symfony / CakePHP etc.)
- Testing — Basic understanding of Unit Testing and at least one Test Framework (PHPUnit / Codeception / Behat / Cypress / Jest / etc.)
- MySQL — Indexing, normalization, and other database optimizations
- Linux (command-line) — Knowledge of file system, permissions, basic networking, searching, and other fundamentals
- Experience working in a healthcare domain is a big plus
- Communicates, cooperates, and consistently functions professionally and harmoniously with all levels of supervision, co-workers, patients, visitors, and vendors.
- Caution and responsible approach when addressing system level needs.
- Demonstrates initiative, personal awareness, professionalism and integrity, and exercise confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- Follows HIPAA, compliance, privacy, safety and confidentiality standards at all times.
- Promotes good public relations on the phone, via email and in person.
- Adapts and is willing to learn new tasks, methods, and systems.
- Completes job responsibilities in a quality and timely manner.
This position often requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, reaching with hands and arms, using hands and fingers, handling, or feeling, speaking, listening, and high-level cognitive thinking. Also, must be able to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally. The position requires the ability to travel (~20% of time), drive a vehicle, and utilize other forms of transportation.
Office setting or local remote.
Join the ScriptSender team and apply by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.